Remake of the 1980 classic with the same title
US Box Office: $65m
UK Box Office: £2m
Only has an IMDB rating of 5.6/10 but the original has 6.3/10
- Second shot anchors the location as there is a sign with "Camp Crystal Lake"
- Woman screaming in pain/fear signifies the genre
- Very dark shots with lightning in the background so you only see things for a very short period and credits pop up every few seconds so the shots are very short, typical for the genre
- Raining like most horror films
- Jasons mother gets be-headed foreshadowing things to happen later on
- Typical scream queen is weilding a machette and be-heads Mrs Voorhees
- Time period is anchored by text at the bottom of the screen and a transition is used to signify the scene changing along with text to acompany it and tell the next time period.
- Black and white effects have been used to show its a flashback
- The womans head on the floor anchors the genre of the film
- This is the reasoning for why Jason goes on the rampage, it can be foreshadowed when he looks down at his mother or watches her get beheaded.
- The necklace he picks up is a family heirloom which is important later in the film.
- The mother saying "Jason our special boy" can anchor on who the boy is
Techniques we can use
- This film is a bit too high budget to get ideas from, such as the bit when the woman gets beheaded
- However we could use the aspect of using clothing to represent the scream queen