UK Box Office takings: £190 k
US Box Office takings: $10m
- Narrative enigma of the killer, due to the lack of lighting.
- Phone symbolises time period. It also provides a small ammount of light for the girl
- Point of view shots are used when the killer is chasing the girl during the opening.
- A white flash transition is used in the opening to move onto the next scene.
- A gun shot can be heard during the transition, this signifies what the killer's weapon of choice is.
- High angle panning of a red forest is used to signify the season the film takes place in.
- The wolf in the lying game could hint at a possible killer.
- Cry Wolf has similarities with The Boy Who Cried Wolf.
- The killer's face is hidden via a mask = another narrative enigma.